Recently, Russell Crowe was in Marysville during the filming of a Ned Kelly film. He was quoted in the Alexandra & Eildon Standard as saying:
"Last time I was in Marysville was a little while after the devastating fire of 2009. I tell you what, the place is looking great. An incredible testament to the strength and resilience of that community. Go and have a look at how it has bounced back."
The facilities are numerous, amongst which are:
- a pre-school and primary school, with bus services to Alexandra High and Billanook College at Mooroolbark;
- ambulance, CFA and police stations;
- medical centre and pharmacy, retirement village, large community centre, a local paper, the Lions' Club and two churches;
- Foodworks, the Duck Inn Pub, cafes and boutique shops, including the Lolly Shop;
- large hotels with conference facilities, and B&B/cottage accommodation;
- a golf course, public swimming pool, nearby cross-country skiing, a fabulous children's play area and a local footy and netball club; and
- MIRA, the Marysville Information and Regional Artspace.
Go to for a comprehensive look at what this place has to offer.